Audiology, Hearing Aid & Hearing Care Services
When the world of sound fades and background noise makes hearing difficult, obtaining experienced professional help is essential. We are licensed Audiologists with over 30 years experience, and we enjoy the distinguished reputation for providing the highest quality hearing healthcare, in an accessible, cost effective and caring manner.
Hearing Evaluations for Adults & Children
We provide a full range of diagnostic testing to determine the degree and type of hearing loss:
- Audiologic Assessment: Comprehensive Hearing test
- Impedance Audiometry: Evaluation of middle ear function
- Otoacoustic Emissions: An electrophysiologic test to measure the microscopic nerve endings of the inner ear
- Video Otoscopy: Allows you to see the inside of your ear canal
Your hearing health is important. If your hearing loss goes untreated for too long your brain may permanently lose its ability to interpret sounds and hear normally.
When you come in for your hearing test, our first step is to discuss any hearing concerns you may have. Then we look in your ears and perform a series of easy and painless tests to see what type of hearing loss you have, if any.
Rest assured, you may not have a hearing loss at all. Hearing issues can result from ears being impacted with wax. If this is the case, you will likely need only assistance to flush the wax away.
If we do determine that you have a hearing loss, we will talk with you about our findings and ask you more questions about your lifestyle and interests.
Why so much conversation about your hearing? It's one of the most important things audiologists can do for their patients to ensure that we identify the hearing solution that is right for you. People who live a quiet lifestyle, e.g., spending time watching TV and engaging in quiet hobbies such as woodworking or gardening, and have conversation primarily with their spouses or families in a household atmosphere are going to have very different listening needs than someone who spends a lot of time in restaurants or at sporting events. Asking questions helps us to identify the best possible hearing solution for your unique needs!
Dr. Gail B. Brenner is an internationally recognized professional in Tinnitus Management. She completed specialized training for Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT) at the University of Maryland in Baltimore and is certified by Dr. Pawel Jastreboff. She is one of the few specialists in the Philadelphia region offering the TRT protocol, Neuromonics, the Inhibitor and many othermodalities. Dr. Brenner has made a long-term commitment to the treatment of tinnitus, hyperacusis and mispohonia by establishing The Tinnitus & Sound Sensitivity Treatment Center of Philadelphia, PC. Click here to read more about tinnitus.
We specialize in advanced hearing aid technology featuring directional microphones. These user-friendly, self-adjusting devices, provide flexibility, increased comfort and understanding in noisy listening environments. Some are even bluetooth compatible. The hearing aids can also be adjusted to accommodate any changes in hearing.
Hearing aid fittings are both a science and an art. Together as a team, we determine the proper hearing aids to accommodate your hearing loss and make adjustments to create the proper settings just for you.
- We offer all manufacturers and styles.
- Routine maintenance of your devices is a standard part of our after-care service program.
- We offer a wide range of hearing aid accessories and batteries that can be shipped directly to your home.
- We provide service and repair for all makes and models of hearing aids.
- Computerized Analysis of Hearing Aids provides objective measures of hearing aid performance.
Whether you're new to hearing aids or are an experienced hearing aid user, we:
- Help you select the right instruments for your personal listening needs.
- Fit your hearing aids to each ear to ensure that you can hear clearly and wear them comfortably.
- Provide any adjustments in programming that you may need in the coming days, months and years as you get used to wearing them.
Hearing Aids are sophisticated and delicate instruments that need good care and regular maintenance to work properly. At Hearing Technology Associates, we:
- Check in with you to remind you when it's time to come back for your cleaning
- Provide an affordable, on-going maintenance program so that we can clean any accumulated moisture and earwax from your hearing aids and check them to make sure they are providing you with the best possible hearing clarity and comfort.
**Making sure your hearing aids are properly cleaned and routinely checked will not only help you hear better but also extend the life of your hearing aids.
Hearing Aid Repair
Like many electronic devices, hearing instruments are sensitive to moisture and their circuitry may, on occasion, be in need of a little more maintenance than a routine cleaning. If your hearing aids do need repair, we can help. We are able to perform most repairs the same day as your visit. If we do need to send your hearing aids to their manufacturer for repair, we can provide you with a set on loan to help keep you connected with your friends and family until your hearing devices are expertly repaired.